Happy New Year! With the new year many of us are making new year’s resolutions, many of those resolutions could be hard to keep. Best Qualified Cleaning is here to help assist with the daunting task of keeping your home clean this year. Sometimes, it can feel as though you are constantly cleaning the house. Although we do suggest that most of these items below should be completed more than once in a year, if the task is completed at least once this year you can feel better about your home’s sense of a deep clean. We have compiled a list of “One and Done” chores to do at least once this year, a great time to start is the new month of January!
- Get behind the Appliances – Sweep, dust, vacuum and dust behind the fridge and stove!
- Shampoo your Upholstery – Deep clean the sofa that has been sat on all year.
- Refresh the Bathroom Cabinets – Get rid of expired medications, lotions etc.
- Deep Clean the Oven – This can take a few hours if you have a self cleaning oven, but the lack of buildup from over a year of cooking makes it worth the wait.
- Wash Walls or Outlets / Touch up Paint – Have you ever noticed your light switch outlets are pretty dirty? That’s from hands constantly touching them, and we usually don’t even notice until they’re covered in grime!
- Wash your Curtains, Blinds, Shower Curtain etc – The things we use everyday that build up dust and we don’t have time every week to launder them!
- Dust Light Fixtures – That cute pendant above the kitchen counter – When was the last time you dusted the bulb or fixture?
- Dust Your Ceiling Fans – When the fan is above us constantly it can be hard to remember, but one of these days when you go to turn the fan on dust might start flying across the room!
- Clean out the Junk Drawer – We all have one in our kitchen, time to get rid of old chapstick, unused screws, old batteries and more.
- Deep Clean those Carpets – Learn about all the benefits of deep cleaning your carpets here.
We hope this list helps you feel better about your home’s cleanliness this year. We believe there is nothing better than the feeling of a clean space. As always, if you need some help achieving these goals, please feel free to give Best Qualified Cleaning a call for help!